Easy Gut Healthy Fourth of July Recipes
The Fourth is right around the corner– if you’re looking for some yummy and healthy Fourth of July recipes, look no further! These recipes are a GREAT mix of fresh and delicious nutrients, so they are perfect for summer!
These recipes are also great for those with gut issues because they are fiber-rich, easy to digest, and rich in nutrients that your gut health loves. Enjoy your holiday without the uncomfortable bloat & gas!
Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa:
- Grilled salmon filets seasoned with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Top with a fresh salsa made from diced avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a touch of olive oil.
Quinoa and Black Bean Salad:
- Cooked quinoa mixed with black beans, chopped bell peppers, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro.
- Toss with a dressing made from lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Tip: to reduce bloat and gas, rinse the canned beans SUPER well. And feel free to use another type of bean or sprouted beans for less gut symptoms!
Grilled Vegetable Skewers:
- Thread skewers with a variety of colorful vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Brush the vegetables with a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, and dried herbs like thyme or rosemary.
- Grill until tender and lightly charred.
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint:
- Cubed watermelon mixed with crumbled feta cheese and fresh mint leaves.
- Drizzle with a light dressing made from lime juice and honey.
Greek Yogurt Fruit Parfait:
- Layer Greek yogurt, mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries), and a sprinkle of granola or crushed nuts.
- Optional: Drizzle with a small amount of honey for added sweetness.
Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers:
- Skewer shrimp and pineapple chunks alternately.
- Brush with a marinade made from olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, paprika, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Grill until the shrimp are cooked through and pineapple is caramelized.
Cucumber Mint Lemonade:
- Blend peeled cucumbers, fresh mint leaves, lemon juice, water, and a natural sweetener like stevia or honey.
- Adjust the sweetness and consistency according to your preference.
Summer Berry Smoothie:
- Blend your favorite blend of frozen berries, a banana, one teaspoon of The Soother (vanilla), your fav nut butter, and almond milk.
Remember to listen to your body and make adjustments based on your individual dietary needs. Enjoy your gut-healthy Fourth of July celebration!
Want more delicious, gut-healthy recipe ideas? Check out our Summer Meal Guide! Our comprehensive meal guide includes a meal plan, recipes, gut health hacks, and more! What more could you ask for to feel your best this summer?!