Life can be a whirlwind, especially if you’re juggling work, responsibilities, and maybe even kids or classes. However, a gut-healthy morning routine is definitely not out of reach! Here are some simple yet effective steps you can use to kickstart your morning and set the tone for amazing and energized days ahead!
- Before you dive into the hustle and bustle, start your day by sipping on a warm glass of water with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Not only does this simple mixture hydrate you after a night's rest, but the lemon also jumpstarts digestion and supports your gut health.
Gut Health Tip: Add one scoop of The Miracle Worker into your morning water to stimulate digestion and balance morning anxiety!
- Say goodbye to morning grogginess with a few gentle stretches. Loosen up your muscles, awaken your body, and stimulate blood flow. Incorporating yoga or a brief stretching routine can also promote a healthy gut by aiding digestion and reducing stress levels.
- Time for breakfast! (And no, coffee is NOT breakfast). Opt for a gut-loving meal that is protein-forward to keep you full & energized until lunch.
For example, Greek yogurt topped with fresh berries and a sprinkle of chia seeds is not only delicious but also provides a TRIPLE dose of gut health goodness– protein, fiber, and probiotics! The fiber keeps your digestive system happy, the protein will keep you full for hours, and the probiotics promote a balanced gut microbiome! YAY!
- Take a few moments to center yourself before diving into the day's chaos. Engage in mindful practices like deep breathing or meditation. This simple step can help manage stress, which in turn supports a healthy gut by preventing inflammation from developing in the gut. A serene mind = a happy tummy!
- While you're preparing your lunch for the day, don't forget to include prebiotics. These are the healthy fibers that feed your gut's beneficial bacteria. Foods like garlic, onions, bananas, and asparagus are excellent sources. Chop them up, and you're not just meal-prepping; you're also nurturing your gut!
- Try swapping out your usual morning caffeine fix with a soothing cup of herbal tea. Peppermint, ginger, or chamomile tea are fantastic options for promoting digestive health. These amazing teas can soothe your stomach and reduce inflammation in your gut.
- Take some gut health supplements if they are right for you!
In the rush of a busy life, dedicating a few moments to prioritize your gut health can make a WORLD of difference. By incorporating some (or all!) of these easy steps into your morning routine, you're not only starting your day off on the right foot but also laying the foundation for a healthy and happy gut.
A nourished gut leads to a nourished you!!