How to Reduce Stress Over the Holidays
The holidays are all about joy, community, togetherness, and all things rest … right?! Unfortunately, it can also be quite stressful, especially for those of us dealing with gut symptoms on top of everything else.
Anxiety and stress impact the gut, and the gut impacts anxiety and stress. After all, that gut-brain connection is a huge aspect in healing your gut! So what are the best ways to reduce stress, especially over the most joyful months of the year?
First, let’s talk about the most important supplement in reducing stress and anxiety: MAGNESIUM. Magnesium is proven to calm the nervous system and reduce feelings of anxiety naturally. The Miracle Worker is an ultra-absorbable form of magnesium which means it really works!
The importance of MOVEMENT should not be overlooked, even over the holidays! Choose something that you enjoy and that feels good on your body; it doesn’t have to be something strenuous or exhausting. This could be:
- Family yoga
- Going on walks to look at holiday lights
- Jogging along to your favorite holiday tunes
- Festive pilates
- Or anything else that makes you feel GOOD
Next is MEDITATION! Don’t let this concept overwhelm you, this can be a turning point in your gut health journey! Start with just 5-10 minutes daily using an app or a YouTube video to get started. It can put you in the right mindset for the holiday festivities.
Other strategies for managing your stress during the holiday season can be simple rituals that you incorporate into your daily routine!
- Start a GRATITUDE JOURNAL and begin your morning with meditation and writing down the things you are grateful for; this is especially powerful during the holidays!
- Spend more time OUTSIDE: this can be tricky as the weather gets colder, but maybe go on a short walk with someone you love to get some fresh air.
- Set a MORNING ROUTINE! I cannot speak enough about the importance of a morning routine you look forward to. You will start your day excited and at peace with yourself.
These are just a few of the ways that you can help minimize stress during the holidays, or any time of the year! If you are stressed, your gut is stressed, so make time to prioritize YOU!
Liver-Loving Summer Salad
The Gut-Brain Connection: 3 Ways Gut Inflammation Impacts Your Brain!
Feeling anxious, stressed, or just not yourself and not sure why? Believe it or not, poor gut health can be linked to these negative feelings!